Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Filming Hiccups

     Plans were made to rewrite it seems. I'm not sure who said it, but I'm sure it's a quote. If it's not, it should be because it hasn't seemed more true than right now. My plan included starting filming on the first few days of our winter break. But it would seem that I didn't learn from my Thanksgiving mishap. I waited too long to get started. I enjoyed my break too much and neglected to begin the work I had delegated to myself. At no one's fault but my own, I now have to rearrange a few things.  And it's not just because I waited, I still have time, so to speak. The problem is, that by waiting, I have now lost a key component of my plan. 


    My plan consisted of four people. These people are: myself, of course, my sister, my classmate outside of this particular class, and a mutual friend who doesn't attend this school.  What has now happened is that  Michell, my classmate is leaving to visit family for the winter break. This is bad on many levels, the first being that she will no longer be able to assist me in filming, and I have lost access to the high-quality camera she posses on her phone. Then on top of not being here, though he is a mutual friend, Justin will be less inclined to lend his assistance without Michell accompanying him. But even if she were to come back in time to lend me her camera, assist in filming, and convenience Justin to participate, her travels jeopardize safety so I couldn't have her there. It wouldn't be fair to the other participants in this time of unease. Covid still runs rampant and I would hope she wouldn't travel, not only for this project, but for her safety, but there's nothing I can do.  I'll just have to find a replacement for them both. Hopefully in time to begin editing on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment