Monday, November 30, 2020

Disruptions in Filming

    Maybe it was a tad overzealous of me to assume Id get to film at the first chance I got. And giving myself a week, was a little too ambitious. Didn't take into account that at least two of those days would be spent relaxing and enjoying the break, two more for other projects I had on hand, the day of thanks of course, then the day of cleaning from the day of thanks. Leaving one sole day, which wasn't enough. Instead of filming I just ran through the general plan of the film. Ironed out some details like transitions and so on. My main issue is the the issue continuity. Right now I want the character to be wearing the same clothes when the wake, so they can go to sleep in the them to create the loop, in the picture taken on the news, and when the viewer see her get murdered. Everything is fine up until the last point. I have two actors playing the same person, therefore I must find a way for them to look indistinguishable until the reveal. I hold that either I can do a quick warobe change and swap outfits, with a convenient enough angle, or that my actors have similar enough clothing. But that saying I hope the differences in my actors don't show too heavily on camera. 

   With that all said and done, I planed for Christmas break as well. And to my surprise, it's a two-week break rather than just one week, so that's great. However I was informed that one of my participants might me leaving the state in order to visit family for the holidays. While this isn't as much of an issue, It puts some dents in the plan. The person in question was meant to hold the camera while I direct. That being so I wouldn't have to do everything. Also It would allow me to shoot more effetcily, by positioning the camera woman and actors. Ill mostlikly move the dates up for my orinbigal plan by a few days and start filming on a weekend. Its not as concrete of a plan, but I still want to get started in Demcember, which is approaching stortly.





No comments:

Post a Comment