Monday, November 9, 2020

Planning Blog

     Beginning with the film's schedule, I plan on utilizing my holiday breaks to the fullest. Since my personal schedule is fairly busy, I plan on using weekends and the upcoming holidays, the days in which school isn't as much of a hassle. And since I will be working with other people weekends and holidays make it more likely everyone will have the means of transportation and free time as well. I plan to film consecutively at my house and the surrounding area, if not in one-day, filming would be back to back; assuming weather and availability are stable factors. Preferably on any given Saturday and Sunday. After filming I'll be on my own for the most part. Creativity and editing and directing will be my main focus, while I enlist the help of my classmate Michell for film, and my sister and neighbor Jahmeila and Justin respectably for acting. And of course, due to coronavirus, everyone will be wearing masks ensuring everyone's safety; if they don't have any, disposable masks have been procured in advance to distribute. 

    The current ideal is to start filming around the 24th, with the 25th, and 26th being the holiday safety net. If need be, the 21st and the 22nd are available. The overall goal is to finish, before the 31st of this month, with any and reshoots, or retakes being done in December. Editing shouldn't take long, for what I envision the bulk of the work in is filming and the transitioning. After all the footage is compiled all that would be left is stitching it together. With maybe one or two sound effects that we'll record like heavy breathing and such I don't see myself having much to do.

    With the basis of the film overall, the only prop I see us needing is a fake knife and some concoction for fake blood. If they can't be bought for whatever, either because of expenses or unavailability, I consider myself pretty crafty so I'll make them. As for customs, I have a good idea of what I want my actors to wear, it'll be regular clothes like running shoes and a hoodie, nothing too hard to muster up out of the closet.










No comments:

Post a Comment