Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Short Film vs. Feature Length Film

9 | Film | Pittsburgh | Pittsburgh City Paper

    I simply adored the short film. I was short and to the point, as intended. As though I had a question, they were answered in a manner where I didn't feel cheapened out of my curiosity. Though my thoughts were right the answer so to peak was just accepted. It was a nicely wrapped storyline. And it could be understood without any further explanation. 

    The feature film takes all of this and multiplies it. The story, seemly a prequel, to the short film, elaborates on the story and gives the audience new charters and more backstory. This said it retains its charms with questions. Giving the audience something to wonder about as the story progresses. A trait I want to achieve in my own film making process. I liked how with more time, the film was able to achieve more cinmetic diptions. Like the end, where the audeince got saw the spirtis rise up rather simply walking to their graves and ending it there. The feature film was also able to give more than one story line, it wasn't as clear cut as the short film. There was multiple antagonist and multiple lovable charters. It also gave the audience a hint of romance. It was kinda weird after the reveal that they were all created from the soul of the same man, but it was sweet. The length of the film just allowed for more complex lines of thought. And they had voices! The audience didn't have to interperate anything. The characters told us what they thoaght, and I liked that.

No comments:

Post a Comment