Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Genres I'm Thinking Of

    At the moment, my vision can go one of three ways. I really want to have an element of suspense and get my audience to feel what is happening on screen. The genres I'm thinking of are Horror, Action, and Thriller. I think looking into each of these genres will let me get a better feel of where I want to take my short film. And I feel like each of these genres has pieces and elements I want respectfully. Between elements of suspense, fright, and prolonged tension, I want to engage the audience through perspective.
All three genres in one way or another hinge on shifting points of view to allude and engage the audience to create and effect. 

   With my pitch, I see a young girl being spooked, haunted and chased even. And when it comes to the point of view, whos to saw we cant look of from the perspective of who is chasing our subject. I want my audience to feel the heart racing events I put my subject though, and face questions that the subject too must answer to make sense of the events in the film. I want to have mystery, an overarching linger, and hint to something greater that connects together at the end. And wraps around to the beginning of the story. That's why I think these three genres will most likely fit my vision. In each, there's of level of storytelling to explain, why, and how things are happening. Like how a doll got possessed in the Conjuring, why the young man hand to escape in Get Out, and so on. My focus is mainly on the conclusion and the most effective way of achieving it. Achieving a satisfying end that folds into itself. Personally, I take joy in theorizing at the end of the film, so I'd like to create a film where that is possible as well. Enough answers to resolve the main plot points but not enough to kill off the intrigue of the world of the subject. Tricky but doable I hope.

200 Best Horror Movies of All Time << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and TV News




Research.”

No comments:

Post a Comment