Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Research 9, The Short

    "9" the short film, was great. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I can even see why it would get picked up to be made into a feature film and all. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. I was taken by surprise in all honestly, to say the least. The ragdoll premises was captivating. And though the film didn't have any dialogue the story was extremely digestible. There was a moment though where I gave the film a little more credit than it was due. I mistakenly thought that number 5 had turned into the antagonist. But before  I could even explore that thought really, the film ended.

    Speaking of, the antagonist was, very cool. He, it, whatever the case was a come combination of all the things I love. A cold, bounty hunting, mercenary type. Nothing gets better than that. I found the mechanics of how it hunted interesting too. How exactly were the two pieces of the tracker connected? As the audience, we could discern that one half sensed when the other was near but was the other was drawn to the missing piece? Or was it drawn to the ragdolls them selfs? If not, why not toss the piece you had and relocate? And for the film as a whole, why only have numbers 5 and 9 as the subjects? I'd like to know what happened to 8, 7, and 6. I am not questioning numbers above that because it'd be understandable that they would have to die early one. I know they died in the content of the film but  I wonder why the director chose to have that dynamic between those two numbers. Especially when 8, 7, and 9 are closer in relatability than 5. It worked out in the end, so it's all good.


Tweet inc. Blog: Review of the Short Film 9


No comments:

Post a Comment