Wednesday, October 7, 2020

The Result Of Research; My genre Choice

     I have decided to go with the genre of a Thiller. And if we're being nitpicky, a horror-thriller since they are so closely related. Almost one in the same. And indistinguishable to most people if you were to ask them. Not sure of making it a compound genre makes it its own thing or not. If it's it though my choice is clear. Simply put it, if you boil down the two it came down to whether I wanted to be flashy or subtle with how I wanted the audience to feel. In all, I wanted to be lowkey. I want my pacing to be slow and purposeful and I want my audience to feel that my subject could be them on any given day. While it's cool to imagine my subject being chased by some phantom menace, I want to add some elements of truth. At least till the big reveal. All ill say now is that while researching, I went over some fan-favorite films, and one, in particular, stood on. It wasn't so much of a film, but an animated short featured on an epitopic program called Love, Death & Robots. 

    The episode in reference is called "The witness" and I wanted to replicate the twist at the end. I found the ending so cool. Basically, the subject bears witness to their own death and at the end of the episode, it is revealed to be a time loop. I was thinking of doing that but having the murder at the end be acted out by the same subject we followed. The present subject is killed and we begin to follow the new subject, as the same "strange things" happen again creating the loop. I'm thinking of dressing to acters the same way in order to accomplish this, a reenact events of the film from a different perspective to demonstrate the loop. That's the plan anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment