Sunday, November 15, 2020

Storyboard Blog

   Below is my storyboard. I didn't do much of it and tried to do my best illustrating my vision of how I wanted the film to play out. I plan on filming from my home so It wasn't very hard to map out where I wanted things to happen. And apart from the scene at the store, I will have full control of the elements to change to fit my vision. Filming at the store is still an uncertain factor in my vision because of this. I don't doubt that I'll be given permission to shoot there, but I worry that because of the public nature of the store the quality of my shots will diminish.

    With the storyboard itself, I can see almost even scene I mapped out perfecting, I like the pacing and to me, everything is smooth until the end. I feel that the drama leading up to the conclusion is adamant, but how I end it could use work. I was thinking of possibly a few more seconds between frames to illustrate the reveal of the figure after the murder. That really comes down to filming and editing though. I'm going to have the camera running for at least a few seconds between each take for more natural transitions. I feel like I also have a lot of varying angles but not many transitions. For pacing sake, I used fades and mostly jump cuts. With one or two action matches, I could also add some dissolves. It's mainly because I want the figure to move quickly. With inhuman, and freakish speed. And I want the feel to be that you could miss something with the blink of an eye. I also want to limit the need for transitions. The way I broke up the film, I can shoot most scenes in one shot, with some need a shot-reverse-shot and that's it, and then a transition in between. I'd love to have each scene have a trucking shot to make it easier but depending on the feasibility of having everything, multiple stitched shots will have to work too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment