Sunday, December 27, 2020

Filming in Walmart

    
Not only was filming outside difficult, but filming in a store, during a worldwide pandemic was that much harder. One would think that the circumstances would limit the people we ran into. That unfortunate was not the case. Not only was filming outside filled will uncontrollable factors but it felt that Walmart had that and more in store for us. It felt that no matter where I turned there was someone there. And it wasn't even always like this. I only included Walmart in my plans because when I typically visit, it's relatively empty, and the spaces I had intended to film weren't frequently toured.


    It was extremely frustrating running into all those people. I of course didn't want anyone else in the shots, but I was also trying to maintain my six feet. It was nearly impossible though. It seemed that as one person cleared out, another would come to replace them. I must have backed into three or four people who would just appear behind me as I was looking through the camera. The comings and goings of people wasn't even the worse part. Of course, people came to shop at the store, that much was excusable. But I noticed, even single time the camera started to roll, someone just had to pause in order to take in the none existent scenery. Or group up and chat about something. And worstly pause to take a phone call in the middle of the aisle. What impeded me the most was when I decided to wait until someone made their way past, rather than moving to another location, and they in kind slowed themselves walking down the aisle. Iv never felt more impatient in my life. I wasn't even waiting on anything worthwhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment