Monday, October 14, 2019

Editing Lesson

    Today we learned how to edit. Oddly enough, despite it being "complicated" I found the process pretty straight forward. The program seems to work in a matter of parts like any other, which is nice. Like adobe, it has sections to what you're doing with sub-sections for finer detailing. I feel like the editing period will be fairly easy once I become acclimated to the in working of it, I don't think I'll be doing anything advanced but enough for our final products to run smoothly. I took my fair share of notes but it will really come down to how well I remember where everything I need is. Between my group members and myself, figuring out how to cut out an audio file to make a voice-over, shouldn't be a problem.
     Our instructor mainly went over the basics. She didn't go too in-depth, but enough to get the general idea of how to finish our assignment after filming day. We learned how to import and export and the general do's and don'ts of keeping an SD-card. Since this is a large class, I'd expect nothing less, seeing that our footage is the most important thing. With that, we learned how to operate the camera properly. I have a camera at home so it wasn't anything new to me, I like that we get a tripod though, stability is useful. Since I will be the one behind the camera, I paid extra attention during this part. The camera we're being given is a lot more technical than the one I have at home, it only needs one button to start, and all the adjustments are made on the touchscreen. Apart from that and check out procedures, there wasn't much to retain.
     In terms of the actual program, I learned a lot. When I used to look at editing formats for film, I could not, for the sake of my own life, tell what was going on. Now, I can look at the screen and know the difference between the Title layer, film layer, and the sound layer. Seeing that my group will be doing a voice-over, knowing that difference is defiantly helpful. I didn't know you could have sound without having the actual image for the sound, I assumed you'd have to film the sound within the takes and incorporate it into the final product somehow. I was fully prepared to just talk over the scene while we were filming. I guess they are always a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment