Monday, March 2, 2020

Filming The Car Scenes

    By far the easiest part of filming had to be the car scenes. It was both short and effortless. We shot the cars along with the general outside scenes so we were rushed while filming inside the care as well. We didn't do many takes for the car scenes. I believe we only took about five total, with only two of them being goofs. The main purpose of these little scenes of us in the car is to show the everyday, private lives of the couple Victoria and I play.
    If I had to choose, I say that between the car scenes and the outdoor scenes, the car scenes were the most awkward and I think Victoria would agree. We just sat in silence. Of course, it was for a point, but it was weird. That and the characters only share a few lines of dialogue in the entire opening. Apart from the yelling, the film only consists of small conversations between the main subjects.
   I look forward to reshooting. The car scene especially. The lighting wasn't terrible but it could have been better. In hindsight, we should have asked to move the car before filming inside. On one hand, it works, empathizing the distaste for one another between the charters. On the other, I can totally see the argument of poor lighting. That said it's not like the car was unable to move since we moved explicitly to shoot it moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment