Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Editing Further

 

While editing is on its way and deadlines approach, problems persist. To aid in my editing endeavor I downloaded an editor software on my laptop. After some searching, I came across a free software that had access to a large royalty-free library with sounds, songs, and transitions. The problem again laid with the importing and exporting of footage. Using Google Drive turned out to be harder than I initially thought. Michell and I are still having trouble uploading in general and getting the footage to edit, When I uploaded it seems that it automatically uploaded as an .MOV file rather than a .MP4 file. We, unfortunately, can't use an .MOV . We figured that we could and would have manually renamed all the files. That's over 100 files to redo though. And even with accomplishing that alone, we'll have to scrap most of them anyway. If it's the only way that we can use the footage so we might just have to deal with it. It's going to take a while, and that's considering that the upload process without the renaming was already a pain, to begin with. For some reason, it seems that this project is attempting to thwart itself at every corner. It could just be me though. This project is turning out to be the hardest out of the bunch. Possibly because I chose to do it all alone. If there's a next time, Ill surely take the help, if I can. Not that I could or wanted to this time, but Id definitely like extra hands for my next project.

r

No comments:

Post a Comment