Monday, January 4, 2021

Editing Blog

    Today officially marks the start of the editing process. This is usually of the most exciting parts for me. It's often the time when everything comes together. And you when you see all the work you've put into recreating your storyboard. With this project, however, it's vastly different. Instead of watching the birth of an idea I fostered in my head for months, I will watch it die. It will limp and flail in agony until its inevitable demise. I let it down by not being able to give it the professionalism it deserved. All I can do is salvage what I can, and do the best I can in the marketing and post-production stages. It won't count for much with low quality work, but if what big blockbuster movies have taught me over the years, is bad publicity is good publicity. I want to generate mystery and hype for this film. And if the outcome isn't grand, by marketing it well, it will still have ground to be discussed. 

Similar to the recent musical "Cats". It sparked heated debates, for the amount of money that went into it for it to become a feature film. Still, whether you air on the side of good or bad options for the film, it is still remarkable how far it reached in media. Going to try my best t wrap up even things in a nice bow. I'm just aiming for the film to have a smooth finish and not feel chopping or rushed. Another concern is time. I hope I have enough footage to fill my time. If not, I'll have to make some emergency shots.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment