Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting The Final Task

    Today we learned about the ins and outs of a pitch. More specifically we learned the definition for an elevator pitch. Our instructor defined this pitch as an overall summary of our film, shorted to the length of twenty-five words or less. It was said that we should encapsulate everything we need to. to sell the film but enough to keep the mystery of it and not give too much away.
     Moving on to our final film, I feel I have learned a lot. I have so much more knowledge than I would have imagined going into this class. We recently learned that companies such as Disney are made up of just more than "Disney". We learned that a company can basically assimilate smaller companies and then allowing said companies to work together in order to produce something greater than its individual parts could go personalty. We also learned that big companies like Disney can also combine efforts with other companies to promote and produce films, sometimes sharing in both risk and revenue. With all that and the many skills I 'v picked up over the course, I'm confident we will do well on the exam.
     In this year, Iv learned that my strongest area is in editing, and planning. For this final assignment, I aim to surpass my last attempt at editing. I recognize the mistakes I made and will try to improve upon them. With our ideas, I think I'll have many opportunities.  My group and I have a total of four pitches, two of which are amalgamations of numerous spur-of-the-moment thoughts. We tried to best fit all of our ideas into one film and came up with four different options. The pitches are as follows:

1. Random teen found dead at her apartment, local cops make it look a suicide, no one questions it and leaving it to her friend to find out the truth.

2. Abandoned frat-house gets crashed by a group of teens hosting a party, little do they know, they aren't the only ones having their fun that night.

3. What do you do when your faith abandons you? You become a satanist, or at the very least seek revenge against the man who did you wrong.

4.  A red carpet couple never seems to get along behind closed doors, not even in the middle of a crime.



                                                   We really had fun coming up with pitches

No comments:

Post a Comment