Sunday, January 26, 2020

Genre Research Movie Example: To All The Boys I've Loved Before

 Next up was the heartthrob, Everything Everything. We chose this movie due to its popularity amongst our peers. I also featured a prominent woman of color which, to me, was a nice bonus.

To All The Boys I've Loved Before

Screen Behavior: included closeups, medium closeups, high angles, wide angles, establishing shots, inserts, tracking shots, zooms, low angels, over the shoulder shots, pans, eyeliner matches, cutaways, and jump cuts. Natural lighting is heavily used, switching to manufactured light at night.

Sound: Favors diegetic, with little non-diegetic, and many voiceovers 

Makeup: Little to none used 

Setting: Home, high school, and various outdoor locations

Elements of the Genre: The story focuses on a typical male, female relationship, the two subjects, however, do not face obstacles in order to be together, but rather avoid the notion before actually uniting

Elements of the film I liked: Extremely relatable in my option, far more than the others

Elements of the film I disliked: No complaints about this particle film honestly.


No comments:

Post a Comment