Monday, November 25, 2019

Music Video Filming

    As of today, we have concluded all our filming. The footage has been shot and imported into Pinnacle Studios, with zero complications. Luckily we had no technical issues and no problems getting the footage to load, the files didn't change unlike last time, and Pinnacle Studios kept running until we had finished importing. With that said,  we had no issues following the plan either, we filmed on the eighteenth of November just as intended but I, unfortunately, was unable to make the trip there. We as a group rearranged the roles, as a result, of my absence, having Emily film, Victoria and Andrea act. With everything covered I delegated myself the task of editing the footage in order to still contribute my fair share. I was able to get updates about the filming luckily but only to the extent that I can retell what the others can recall.
    From what I was told, the middle school location held up quite nicely. There were no issues using the grounds and we were able to film wherever we pleased. The stage we had planned to use, unlike the one at our school, was in the cafeteria and it took some looking around to find but there was ample space to film. Both inside and outside the building of the school suited our needs for filming so the scenes we had planned weren't affected in the slightest. In terms of the actual filming, the scenes were again shot separately,. I know this first hand because I got a chance to review the footage. Since I would be the one editing, I made sure everything could be used to tell the story as close to the storyboard in which Emily made.
     The filming was divided into three. There were essentially three locations in one. There was the stage, the outside walking area, and then the outside seating area. The stage was used to shoot the dancing scenes. The walking area was used for the playfull 'transitional' scenes between. And the seating area outside was used for some scenery shots and concluded the film. With all that, the scenes were shot and the day ended. The only scene that is in the film that wasn't shot at the location would be the opening scene of the radio. Emily was able to take the camera home and shot the scene of her turning on the radio. The footage came out nicely, in all,  I'm not sure if a tripod was used, but it looks to be a lot less shacky. My absence may have actually benefited the group. The fact that I wasn't there allows me to fully focus on editing now.





No comments:

Post a Comment